Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Wahoo! Leaving.

Yes folks. It almost didn't happen.

What with not being able to get a ticket and then not having a visa, I thought for a while i was going to spend the summer sitting in my apartment looking at awasted plane ticket, living on rice.

It all started when my boss sent me off to immigration by myself. Hasn't he figured out yet I can't even tie my sholaces without a diagram. He'd filled out the application for me, left off half the information and forgotten to date my new contract. oops.

So we're waiting, waiting, waiting for the piece of paper to arrive in the mail saying my visa is ready and it never comes. Last week he goes into immigration on Thursday to "sort things out." I receive a phone call on Friday saying my visa won't be ready for another week.

BUT I NEED TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY ON WEDNESDAY.

To get back into Japan I need a re-entry visa. Without a valid working visa I can't get this. If I leave without this, everything gets cancelled and I would have to come back in on a tourist visa, reapply for everything and not be able to legally work in the meantime.

Another phone call says it "might" be ready on Monday or Tuesday. I burst into tears for an indecently long time and then do all my shuji homework to clear my brain. i buy the best insurance cover I can and hope not having a visa will cover missing a flight.

Finally the call comes onMonday morning. Visa is ready and waiting.

I'M GOING!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home